Monday, September 21, 2009

Dreaming of October

I know that technically fall starts tomorrow, but get real, I live in Arizona. We don't start feeling the change of season until October, lots of times, LATE October. I have noticed that the evenings aren't quite as hot and the early morning is even tolerable. This is at least pointing us in the right direction for some heat relief.

Don't get me wrong, I love living in Arizona. I am a native so I think I'm used to the heat at this point. It gets hard in the middle of summer when the kids are home and they have to come in by 10am because of a heat advisory. That part stinks, but I hate the snow even more. Yuck, yuck, yuck, no snow for me. Nothing stinks more than being cold, at least for me.

October gets me excited about the crisp air, the evenings when you can leave your bedroom windows open, the onset of holiday planning. Long pants and jackets have just been waiting in the closet for nine months out of the year to make their appearance. They won't be out for long, but I do love wearing my thick, comfy robe on the weekends. I love baking and burning my scented candles. Who wants the oven on when you feel as if you are already IN the oven? The kids are excited to choose what they will be for Halloween. It's just a fun time of year and one I look forward to once the novelty of summer has worn off.

So, just a few more weeks to go. Then, of course, the snowbirds will be back too. I guess you can't have everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment