Monday, September 14, 2009

Where Did My Day Go??

I swear, my day seems over before it has begun sometimes. I take the kids to school around 8am and they are home by about 3pm. That is seven hours, SEVEN! I should be able to move mountains in seven hours, right? So, where the heck does the time go? There is a cosmic vacuum that sucks the minutes away from me whenever I'm not looking. I have the best intentions, I do. I have my mental list, oops, maybe that's my first problem, haha! I have my list of things to accomplish and I'm ready to go. And then it starts...

The phone rings, there's someone at the door. Answer email, make appointments. The baby is up, time to eat. Make lunch, clean up lunch, play with the baby. Try to do a load of laundry in there somewhere and maybe get my coupons cut. Someone sends a text, I text back, blah, blah. Lay the baby down and look at the clock. WHAT??? It's almost 2:00! What sick, twisted time sucking fairy came and stole my day away? Now I have ONE hour, just one to do all those things I haven't finished.

Another load of laundry, finish the coupons, clean something, anything. Oh, I haven't even though about dinner yet. What is thawed, what is easy? Phone rings again, switch the laundry, fold the laundry. It's now 3:00 and the door opens to two smiling, sweet kiddos, ready to tell me about their day (my favorite part of the day).

The rest of the day is a blur, with homework and chores and dinner and cleanup and baths and bedtime...

Didn't I have seven hours at some point today? If I find that stinkin' fairy I'm gonna pluck her little wings right off!

Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment