Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Perfect Man for Me

My husband, KC, is the exact opposite of me. He is quiet, I am certainly not. He is a brainiac that loves math and puzzles. Me, yea right. Once he wanted to teach me algebra for fun, really?? He is the most content person I know. I, on the other hand, have a wish list a mile long. We have always been different and sometimes I wonder how we ended up together.

We have been married for 12 years. I don't remember life without him. We have built our family together and we are very happy. Not to say our lives are perfect. We had a rough patch a few years back that almost ended in divorce. But, by the grace of God, KC stuck by my side and we weathered the storm. I love my life with him.

In the hustle and bustle of life it seems as though we drift at times. He going his way and me mine. He is at the computer downstairs while I watch TV upstairs. He goes to bed at a sensible hour while I stay up way too late. It happens without even realizing it's happening. I realized yesterday that it has been happening lately. I start feeling disconnected because we are each engrossed in our own interests and activities and the "us" part gets pushed into the background.

So, it was time for a new plan, a time out, to reconnect and talk again. I said that much to him last night and we ended up in the most wonderful conversation that we have had in months. I saw the tenderness in him that I love and the concern for his wife. The sweet things that he doesn't always say, he said to me. It was a precious moment that I am so thankful for. The feeling of disconnect vanished and I instantly felt joined together again. I love this man so much.

I am so grateful to God that He knew exactly which man I needed. I wouldn't have seen it in earlier years. It took a while to really see all that is wrapped up in KC's mind and heart. But, he is perfect for me. He has taught me so much and added such joy to my life. He has become a wonderful father that I adore seeing with the kids. It sounds corny, but he does complete me. He makes me a better person and for that I love him even more.

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful tribute to your husband!

    Congratulations! Many go their entire life without their perfect mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Rhonda. I am so happy for you guys. It is so easy to disconnect as we get wrapped up in our own interests, but it's good when we can recognize what is happening and correct the problem. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete